Monday, January 29, 2007

Fusso-ed Accord

As promised, I managed to detail the Accord today. It was last washed 3 weeks ago and the bonnet, roof and boot were treated with a layer of Fusso Coat. This car went through several rains and it was in really bad condition. Before applying the shampoo, I rinsed the car with water using my favourite Claiber spray noozle. This is how the water beads on the bonnet.


Excellent isn't it? I'm very impressed with such result eventhough the paint has layers of dirt film on it. I proceeded with normal washing and drying.

Next, I applied the Fusso Coat (Spray) onto the bonnet for topping up the previous layer. Spraying the product carefully on the paint and immediately buff it away with a piece of clean microfiber cloth left streak free and smooth surface. To see how this product affects the surface tension, I lightly mist some water with a spray bottle. Below is the result.


As expected, nice water beading! To revive your paintwork in minimal time, I would apply this product after each car wash.

It'd been raining for the past few months, lots of road tars were sticking on the lower panels. Before I applied the Fusso Coat, I chose the safe and easy way of removing road tars by lightly wiping across those panels with the M6000 using a piece of clean microfiber cloth.



Once the surface is clear from road tars, I proceeded with Fusso Coat application, including the wheels. As for tires, I dressed it with Meguiar's Insane Shine.


Now the car is ready for a new week!







Canon EOS350D, EF24-105mm F/4L IS USM, EF17-40mm F/4L USM

4 Comments:

Blogger Kenneth Tang a.k.a Fishbonezken said...

EXCELLENT POST AND NICE PICTURES!!!!!!!

I soo enjoyed that post,
and that's what M6000 looks like.

And the fusso coat spray...easier than NXT spray wax that needs to haze and then buff off at a later time.

Again,

THIsS POST ROCKS!

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sifu,

This is interesting. Seems like a good replacement for some MG's stuffs here eh? And the water beading's similar to NXT Spray Wax.

Kenneth Tang, I don't have problems with NXT Spray Wax, as long as you apply 'em nicely. WHat I always do is ( as long the car's been waxed last week, as maintenance work ) spray some of 'em onto a MG MF detail pad, and aplly the spray wax in circular patterns on one panel. After I've done the 2nd panel, I go back to the 1st panel and buff off, kawtim!

Eh Sifu, mind telling me where to buy that M6000 stuff?

12:47 PM  
Blogger Kenneth Tang a.k.a Fishbonezken said...

A Yasir,
according to Zey, you can get M6000 from bodyshops.
About rm18 for 4 litres!....cheeep cheeep

2:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks to Kenneth and Yasir!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home