Monday, December 05, 2005

Polishing Trial

On last Saturday, I washed down the car and gave it a try to remove the ugly pimples. On the bonnet, I applied M83 with rotary buffer using W-8006 polishing pad at speed 600~900rpm. After EIGHT applications, yes, it's EIGHT, I managed to remove about 90% of the pimples on a particular spot. Each application takes about 10 seconds. I can imagine alot less effort needed if I start to compound using M85 and wool pad. Certainly there is cure for my paintwork, BUT at the clearcoat expense - Catch22.

This is another photo capture of the bonnet before polishing...



After 8 applications of M83, 1 application of M82 and 1 application of M21 on the bonnet, amazing isn't it?!


Top part of the door before polishing, notice mild hairline scratches and pimples are not so dense...


After 3 applications of M83 on the door...