Saturday, May 03, 2008

Glass Cleaner Concentrate

50mm, F/3.5, 1/200s, ISO160

There're just a few drops of NXT Glass Cleaner left in the bottle. If I'm not wrong, I got it during the KLIMS 2006, it lasted me almost 2 years. Today I dropped by Meguiar's to pick up a bottle of Meguiar's Glass Cleaner Concentrate (1 gallon) and its 32oz spray bottle and chemical resistant sprayer. This product belongs to the Detailer Brand and it's meant for the production line. Similar to Safe D-Greaser, it's dilutable in the ratio of 10:1. From this bottle of liquid, I can dilute it into 11 gallons of glass cleaner! Let's calculate the cost of every mL as compared to NXT Glass Cleaner...

Glass Cleaner Concentrate's Price: RM115.50
Diluted Volume: 11 gallons = 41.627L
Price per 100mL: RM0.28

NXT Glass Cleaner's Price: RM38
Volume: 24oz = 0.7096L
Price per 100mL: RM5.36

This simple calculation shows that the NXT Glass Cleaner is more than 19 times more expensive than Glass Cleaner Concentrate. It's suitable for people like me who wipes down the glass daily, or even a few times a day.

50mm, F/2.8, 1/160s, ISO100
Canon EOS5D, EF50mm F/1.8 II

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Kenneth Tang a.k.a Fishbonezken said...

woohoo that's going to last you a life time hehe.
Bro can I ask...If you have used one cloth to wipe, do you use the same cloth the next day.
Can teach me some Cloth Management 101 if I want to wipe it frequently?
hehe thanks :)

11:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah! It's going to last me a life time! I always bring along a damp cloth with me in the car, and it's being used for wiping the glass with glass cleaner. I wash it daily, and never air dry it. So there's actually no management on it. Hehe...

3:21 PM  
Blogger Kenneth Tang a.k.a Fishbonezken said...

oh, never thought about washing it daily. X_X... Thanks Zey

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Zey, can i know where can we buy this glass cleaner? Thanks.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Zey said...

Hi chikanosz, you can buy it from Hypercoat Enterprise (03-80244594).

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Glass Cleaner said...

Nice one. . .

Thanks for sharing with us. . .

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home