Friday, July 18, 2008

Cycling Memories

Back in 2002/2003, I was still doing my post-grad course in Imperial College, London. This college is now ranked 5th in World and is located right in the heart of London, next to Royal Albert Hall, Science Museum, Victoria & Albert Museum and 10 minutes walking distance from Harrods. Driving in the city of London isn't a wise choice, and almost none of the students I know drive to the campus. Walking, taking a tube/bus and cycling are the only options for us. So you've guessed it correctly, I chose to cycle. Practically, I cycled in London (from Zone 1 up to Zone 5) and that's the cheapest way of moving around. If I were to walk from the hostel located along Edware Road to the college, it's going to take me at least 40 minutes, while cycling took me 10 minutes only.

Degreasing and lubing the chain, polishing the bike frame and fine tuning the mechanicals are done over the weekend whenever I'm free. It keeps the bike in tip top condition and feels great to ride on it. The feeling is exactly the same as driving a nicely detailed car. Old habits of mine. :) Ah...BTW, what made me recall these memories is the video I found in YouTube. Created by one of the students in IC who cycles to the college, and coincidently, same department as where I was. Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cycling is nevertheless the perfect alternative and escapade from any vehicles..
I used to cycle too but when my life was at risk, family urged me to stop..

P/S: I can't watch the vid..mind to check it?

4:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, cycling in Malaysia is never a wise choice. That factor made me stopped my cycling hobby. :(

5:50 PM  
Blogger Kenneth Tang a.k.a Fishbonezken said...

that's a reaaaaally nice place to be.
I luv this post

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home