Thursday, February 28, 2008

Camera Bag Craze (Part 2)

As my gear collection grows, I started to be greedy and wish to carry more things in my shoulder bag. Though the Crumpler 7MDH is able to fit quite alot of things, but there isn't enough of compartment for me to isolate my accessories such as memory cards, batteries, Lenspen, etc...Plus the non-padded flap doesn't give me a safe feeling. An almost similar size bag by Lowepro would be the Lowepro Stealth Reporter D400AW. This bag has several hidden compartments, which is good for storing important documents such as your passport. Besides that, there's a padded pocket which can fit a multimedia storage such as the Epson P5000. There are proper places for your name card, pens, keys and much more. It comes along with a pouch to hold your battery charger, and a digital wallet to store your SD/CF cards. It's quite a pretty neat bag for reporters. The main flap is lightly padded, and features a water resistant top zipper. This zipper allows me to reach my lenses or flash without having to open up the flap at all. Compared to 7MDH, this bag is more suitable for outdoor use due to the zippers and the built-in rain cover, but it doesn't look as trendy as 7MDH.

Lowepro Stealth Reporter D400AW


Not all the time I carry along my long lens, so getting the Lowepro Stealth Reporter D200AW makes sense to replace my 5MDH. It's slightly taller and wider compared to 5MDH. The features are exactly similar to the SRD400AW, except that it's smaller. It fits my EOS5D (with BG-E4) with EF24-105mm F/4L IS USM attached, 2 units of SpeedLite 580EX, and EF50mm F/1.4 USM easily. Quite a nice bag for assignment and travelling.

Lowepro Stealth Reporter D200AW


Cra"zey" enough, I went to get a Lowepro Stealth Reporter D100AW for my EOS350D (with BG-E3) with EF-S 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 II attached and EF50mm F/1.8 II. Due to its size, it restricts me from carrying more equipments, which I ended up feeling comfortable even if I lug it around my shoulder for the whole day.

Lowepro Stealth Reporter D100AW


More stories to be shared in Part 3...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous What Should Eventers Call Me said...

Great reead thank you

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home