Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Rotary Buffer Practice

It's one of the worst rain I've ever encountered on ELITE highway today. Barely I could see cars which are beyond 50m in front of me. As a compact car owner, I wouldn't dare to even drive above 60km/h at that time. Ran over a puddle of water, whole car get aqua-planned. It still happens eventhough I'm running on 195/50R15 Falken Azenis ST-115 rubbers. By considering the two 'monsoon drain' groove on the threads, it should have provided sufficient water dispersion capability. Anyhow...I just found out that there are more wiper scratches on the glass during the rainy season. No matter how careful I am (Wipe clean daily), I still get it.

I'm considered lucky that the rain paused a while, long enough for me to wash down the Iswara. Once I rinsed down the shampoo, it started to drizzle again. Here comes the good part about the newly installed awning. I get full coverage! Slowly I take my own sweet time to dry up the car...Haha. After dinner, I proceed to clay up the bonnet prior to polish it up with M83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish using rotary buffer and W-8006 Polishing Pad. Guess what? Under 10 seconds, I managed to produce a much clearer paint. Lots of bumps, pimples are gone! Reflection increased tremendously with undistorted object reflection. Another 2-3 passes further improved the smoothness. It took me almost an hour to finish up the whole bonnet including sealing it up with M21 Synthetic Sealant.

Now I feel much more confident in handling a rotary buffer. It's easy once you get the hang of it, and practice makes perfect. I don't get anymore product splatters, premature product dry-up, excessive dust residue, very little holograms and buffer burn. Really a good session!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Car Detailing said...

One of the most essential things with rotary machine polishing is that you take the time to actually learn how to use it! It may sound obvious but so many people just pick one up and go to town on a cars paintwork with disastrous results. The amount of times I've had to correct paintwork that has been abused with a rotary and aggressive compound using my dual action polisher I wouldn't care to mention - practice makes perfect :)

1:45 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

longchamp pas cher, converse pas cher, coach purses, nike blazer, oakley pas cher, nike air max, lacoste pas cher, hollister, new balance pas cher, ray ban uk, hogan, north face, true religion jeans, ralph lauren pas cher, sac guess, mulberry, nike free run uk, ralph lauren uk, nike air max, michael kors, kate spade handbags, nike free, lululemon, air max, ray ban pas cher, nike roshe run, hermes, true religion outlet, louboutin pas cher, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, michael kors, tn pas cher, vans pas cher, replica handbags, vanessa bruno, air jordan pas cher, timberland, north face, nike roshe, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, michael kors, abercrombie and fitch, michael kors, air force, nike air max, coach outlet, burberry, sac longchamp

10:45 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

moncler, moncler, lancel, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, nike air max, converse, converse outlet, ugg pas cher, karen millen, links of london, hollister, ugg boots uk, swarovski, moncler, moncler, vans, montre pas cher, ray ban, canada goose, coach outlet, canada goose, replica watches, thomas sabo, moncler, gucci, sac louis vuitton pas cher, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler outlet, doke gabbana outlet, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, pandora charms, toms shoes, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, pandora jewelry, pandora charms, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, canada goose, canada goose outlet, marc jacobs, moncler, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, hollister, barbour, canada goose, doudoune canada goose, swarovski crystal, bottes ugg

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home