Thursday, November 26, 2009

CCIE #25728

Hey guys! OMG, before I make any announcement, let me apologize for not updating my blog for 5 months and 20 days. The reason being I'd been so busy with my CCIE lab exam preparation like there's no tomorrow. After suffering for more than 365 days, finally I've PASSED the exam last Friday at Cisco Sydney's lab exam center in single attempt! My CCIE number is #25728. This number will be tied to my name forever.

FYI, CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) is the highest level of technical networking certification offered by Cisco. According to Cisco's statistics, there are a total of 20782 of CCIEs worldwide since 16 years ago, as per update on 26th October 2009. I should be the 105th Malaysian CCIE, and one of the less-than-ten-people specializing in Service Provider track. The statistics are frequently being updated here.

Below is a long list of people I would like to especially thank for helping and inspiring me throughout the CCIE journey:
- Father, mother, sister and brother
- Girl friend, Kim Yew (You're the best dear!)
- Best friend and his wife, Alvin and Any
- Joseph Goh (CCIE R&S/SP/Security/Voice, JNCIE) from Cisco AS
- Brian Ng (CCIE R&S) from GK
- Goldman Lee (CCIE R&S/SP/Security) from GK
- Ruby from GK
- Loi (CCIE R&S/SP), Edward (CCIE SP), Ethan (CCIE R&S) and Muzamil from Cisco
- Aizudin, my manager
- Mohan (CCIE R&S), my team leader
- Chong, my buddy/colleague
- All my colleagues
- Hann Yong (CCIE Voice), my ex-colleague
- And many more...

The journey was extremely rough, with more than 1000 hours of lab practices, several hundred hours of reading and thinking. Without their help and motivation, I might not be able to pass this 8-hour killer lab exam, especially in first attempt. I'll be documenting the process of my studies, hopefully can help some of the CCIE candidates.

Ever since I knew the result of my exam last Friday night, I felt so much relief and had never feel so great before. It's one of the biggest achievement in my life. I extended my stay in Sydney over the weekend till Monday. I had 2.5 days to explore this wonderful city. Sorry guys, no DSLR for this trip, only depending on Fujifilm F11, Gorillapod and iPhone's camera.

Below is the marvellous view of Sydney CBD from the CCIE lab exam center situated at St. Leonards.


Sydney Harbor Bridge captured from Sydney Opera House

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Kalvin Khoo said...

Hello Zey,

Congratulation on the Cisco Certified(CCIE) achievement. Very impressive and it's awesome, well keep it up. Looks like u had a hard time preparing for the exams before that,but at last u made it at the destination. I had seen your photo around the city after the exam is very nice now. Anyway, i bet you that ur mind is fully free and fully of enxiety. Haha...

May God Bless you Happiness and Healthy. :D Keep Up The Good Work!


Regards,
KalvinKhoo

1:25 AM  
Blogger fox said...

congratulation zey! amazing achievement can only be reached with amazing determination, you've shown it!
so there will be time for photography again ;-)

8:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Kalvin, thanks all these while for your support!

Hi Fox, thanks! I agree with you that determination is the most important criteria in whatever we want to achieve. Workload and responsibility will be heavier from now onwards, I'll try to find time to do photography. The last time I touched my camera was in August for a commercial shoot in Singapore. I yet to post up those photos!

11:43 AM  
Blogger wingsphotographie said...

Congratulations Mr CCIE ...

1:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Mr CWS!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

COngrats
well done

what next? marriage .....

10:17 AM  
Blogger Zey said...

KC, thanks! Yeah you bet it! =P

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Scott - Superior Shine said...

How did you like Sydney, did you get to look around? I was quite suprised you got to come to my City.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Zey said...

Hey Scott, how're you doing? Sydney is nice! I walked around the CBD, went through most of the main roads. I spent one of the great evenings at the Manly Island as well. There're just too many things to see around there...

10:54 PM  
Anonymous anieb said...

This is one of the best posts that I’ve ever seen; you may include some more ideas in the same theme about Car Detailing. I’m still waiting for some interesting thoughts from your side in your next post.

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post, look forward to hearing more thoughts.

Car Detailing Adelaide

3:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ever since I realized caused by my examination last Saturday evening, I sensed so much comfort and had never experience so great before. It's one of the greatest accomplishment in my life. I prolonged my remain in Modern australia over the few days until Thursday. I had 2.5 days to discover this amazing town. Sorry people, no DSLR for this journey, only based on Fujifilm F11, Gorillapod and iPhone's photographic camera.

Buy WOW Gold  RS Gold  Buy Diablo 3 Gold

3:25 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air max, ugg boots, nike outlet, nike free, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin shoes, kate spade outlet, burberry outlet online, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, gucci outlet, burberry, replica watches, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, michael kors, ugg boots, chanel handbags, louboutin, tory burch outlet, tiffany jewelry, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, prada handbags

10:44 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

longchamp pas cher, converse pas cher, coach purses, nike blazer, oakley pas cher, nike air max, lacoste pas cher, hollister, new balance pas cher, ray ban uk, hogan, north face, true religion jeans, ralph lauren pas cher, sac guess, mulberry, nike free run uk, ralph lauren uk, nike air max, michael kors, kate spade handbags, nike free, lululemon, air max, ray ban pas cher, nike roshe run, hermes, true religion outlet, louboutin pas cher, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, michael kors, tn pas cher, vans pas cher, replica handbags, vanessa bruno, air jordan pas cher, timberland, north face, nike roshe, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, michael kors, abercrombie and fitch, michael kors, air force, nike air max, coach outlet, burberry, sac longchamp

10:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Keep your alternatives open while acquiring such services as there are so many solution companies that vows great deal yet neglects to deliver the desirable results. buy usa likes

11:57 AM  
Blogger John said...

kate spade outlet online
coach outlet store
christian louboutin shoes
coach factorty outlet online
coach factory outlet online
north face outlet online
moncler
true religion outlet
north face outlet store
kate spade outlet online
20190311yuanyuan

4:07 PM  
Blogger jasonbob said...

moncler jackets
yeezy 380
yeezy 500
jordan shoes
goyard
kyrie irving shoes
kyrie 6
bathing ape
supreme clothing
supreme clothing

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home