Friday, November 23, 2007

Xmas Gift


Xmas is approaching in a month's time. It's the best time of the year to give myself an excuse to buy things which I always want it. In the past, I gave myself detailing stuffs such as waxes, polishes and accessories. This year, it's some what different: 3 units of PocketWizard Plus II. Yeah, nothing to do with car detailing. It's a wireless radio flash trigger which can be triggered as far as 1600ft (0.487km) away! 1 unit for the body hot-shoe, and another 2 units for 2 flashes. I bought mine from a brand new online shop: Yamiya e-store.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOOOOO! hehehe!

Congrats! Man, those aren't cheap. Are you gonna sell your ST-E2 / Cactus? *hint* *hint* Coz i just got a 580ex II and wanna explore wireless..hehe

3:15 AM  
Blogger Zey said...

Wow! You bought a 580EX II? What happened to your 580EX then? 580EX II has the PC sync jack which is darn good for off-camera strobing. I sold my ST-E2 quite some time ago. A friend is interested in my set of Cactus V2, and now left just one set of Cactus V2. :)

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahai haven't fixed my 580ex yet, no chance to go to Canon Malaysia til next week. but meanwhile got a 580ex II for wireless i wanna try. how reliable is the Cactus V2? does it have problems firing in close range? i heard it does...

11:41 AM  
Blogger Zey said...

For very close range, no problem with it. As for outdoor, try to be less than 10m. The modded Cactus V2 is very reliable, have tried more than 50m. The only drawback of the modded one is the banding issue on 5D. No issue on 30D.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home