Friday, November 09, 2007

My Ball...head


It was a nice evening with clear sky and sadly I wasn't detailing the cars; was working in front of my computer instead. I noticed that the sun was shining into my room via the window at around 6:40pm with a harsh golden ray. With the iron grill, the golden ray threw an interesting harsh shadow pattern onto my tripod ballhead. By carefully positioning the ballhead, the Manfrotto logo (the red one) was illuminated. Within seconds, I snapped this photo before the ray disappeared in the next couple of minutes.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe i think i have the same ballhead! great lighting. do you know anywhere besides shashinki that sells a hotshoe spirit balance? the ballhead isn't complete without it :-/

4:38 PM  
Blogger Zey said...

I'm using a Manfrotto hotshoe spirit level. You can get it from International Camera, Pertama Complex. Price should be around RM80-90. The 488RC4 has a large quick release plate with spirit level, but it's way too big for our cam. Haha.

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Zey, I bought a couple of tripods recently...some China made brand called Benro (*laugh*)...but all said very very good quality at half the price of Manfrotto.

Dunno where you can buy them in KL tho (if at all)...

9:07 AM  
Blogger Zey said...

Hey Shyan, I got to know about Benro last year before Bintang Maju took up the distributorship for Malaysia. The importer from China is my friend's brother. However the price of Benro has been jacked up alot over here.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zey, if it's not urgent and you're buying let me know which model. I can source for it from here. I know the importer as well (dunno if it's the same guy?) and my friend's shop carries the full range, so he won't dare to cut me throat hehe...in fact I just bought a couple of medium carbonfiber tripod (plus ball heads) for less than the price of one Manfrotto or Gitzo cf tripod alone

9:27 PM  
Blogger Zey said...

Thanks for the offer Shyan! At the moment I'm still alright with my Manfrotto tripod. Will refer my friends to you if they wish to buy a Benro CF tripod. ;)

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home