Sunday, November 26, 2006

Quickie

The poor Vios was not washed for more than 2 weeks and the condition was quite bad. Seeing that my schedule for the coming week would be quite pack, I don't think I would have the time nor energy to detail it after work during weekdays.

So I decided to give it a quick wash. While drying up the car, I found out the paintwork especially on the bonnet, the roof and the trunk are sandpaper-rough. Furthermore, the water ain't beading that well after haven't being waxing for the past 3 months. Without hesitation, I clayed the bonnet, the roof and the trunk with Meguiar's Detailer Mild Clay. The paint turned into silky smooth condition again. But, there's a price to pay. I noticed faint swirls here and there after claying. This could be side effect of not claying often. The heavy bonded contaminants were dragged across the surface while I was claying.

Anyway, it's a silver color car which doesn't show up the faint swirls that easily. Adding to that, the paintwork has mild acid rain pitting too, which requires some rotary polishing near future when the condition gets worse. Will leave this as next year's project, perhaps.

To finish up tonight's quickie (of course not the quickie you're thinking), I sealed the paintwork with Soft99 Fusso Coat. Hope it could withstand the recent harsh weather better...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home