Sunday, January 15, 2006

Another Weekend Fogging


This is definitely a worse weekend compared to last weekend. I was working at customer's site and parked my car in the basement car park. By the time I finished my work, it was about 7:30pm. As usual, when I reach my car, I will inspect the whole car before I drive away. This time I was shocked. Whole car was covered with tiny oil droplets. It's not the first time they fog this car park.
Quickly I drove back home and gave it a quick wash before the situation went worse. However, it was too late. The fogging oil had already damaged the clearcoat, lots of pimples (yes, again) all over the car. Only certain painted parts such as side mirrors, door handles and grill with different paint quality from the car body are not suffering from the pimples syndrome.
This issue is no longer new to me, and I think this car is definitely not worth to be detailed. For the time being I'll use it for detailing practice and will get it repainted at the right time. The original factory paintjob is the worst paint I've ever encountered.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Car Detailing said...

Sorry to hear that, but interesting from a neutral perspective nonetheless as I've never heard of his problem before, at least not in this part of the world...

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home